Report: India's "King of the Road" being retired due to stricter emissions regulations
That enviable streak is reportedly set to end in very short order. It seems that India is rolling out a new set of emissions standards that the old 800 is simply unable to achieve. Though it could be retrofitted to meet whatever standards are thrown its way, Maruti has said it has no plans to upgrade the car, choosing instead to slowly phase it out as newer designs take over in its place. Cars like the Tata Nano, perhaps? Time will tell.
[Source: Wall Street Journal]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies