Report: Aptera raises $9.8 million in new funding, investors not disclosed
In previous round of funding, Aptera Motors received financial support from several investors, including Esenjay Investments, Google, Idealab, Beall Family Trust and Simons family. Aptera has struggled financially and many of the company's setbacks are due in part to lack of sufficient funding. Recently, the company announced that is was seeking a production partner in China and contemplating a four-door version of the 2e for other markets. In addition, Aptera also reported that they are seeking suppliers for battery chargers. We're eagerly awaiting an official announcement from the company verifying the new investments/investors and possible production updates for the Aptera 2e.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies