Future Voltec battery will be smaller, die sooner
Instead, future products with the Voltech powertrain will use a battery that will be more easily replaceable than the current configuration, offered up in a variety of potential ranges. Savings will come from less complicated control systems meant to prolong cell life as well as improvements in energy density. Batteries in the first generation Chevy Volt have 16 kWhs of energy when new, but will only ever use half of that and will likely be extremely expensive to replace.
[Source: Inside Line via GM-Volt.com]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies