Ford's Alan Mulally earns $18m in 2009. Is he worth it?
Alan Mulally didn't do it all by himself, but he was brought in to steer the ship and he appears to have done everything he was installed to do. Sure, $18 million is double the amount that General Motors' Ed Whitacre gets in total compensation, and a little more than double what GMAC CEO Michael Carpenter gets – but if you asked each of those two companies if they would double their CEO pay to be where Ford is, we have a feeling we know the answer already.
[Source: Detroit News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies