As much as we'd love to see a convertible version of the pulse-quickening Lexus IS F, it doesn't appear to be in the cards. Instead, Lexus is offering up plenty of F-Sport accessories for the IS C, including the new IS350C F-Sport Special Edition which goes on sale later this month. Only 100 of these F-tuned droptops will be produced, retailing for $58,375 (including the $875 destination charge).
Available in either Obsidian or Tungsten Pearl, the F-Sport isn't any more powerful than a standard IS350, but it includes things like new 19-inch wheels, a front and rear brake upgrade and Blistein shocks. Additionally, new lowering springs set the IS one inch lower to the ground, and a beefier sway bar is in place to aid in better overall handling. Inside, there's a leather-wrapped shift knob, embroidered floor mats and a numbered badge, all with F-Sport logos, of course.
While this is all well and good for the IS C, we can't help but think that, at over $58K, our money would be better spent on a BMW 335i or Audi S5 cabriolet. Still, Lexus buyers looking for a more sporting edge should like the F-Sport touches, and with only 100 units being made, we doubt the automaker will have any trouble moving them off of dealer lots. Hit the jump to read all of the details in the press release.
* Only 100 Units Will Be Produced
* Features F-Sport Performance Accessories and Unique Grille
* Interior with Numbered Badging and Blue Contrast Stitching
TORRANCE, Calif. (March. 8, 2010) – Lexus today announced the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price (MSRP) of $57,500 for the 2010 IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition which will arrive at dealerships later this month. The MSRP does not include a delivery, processing and handling fee of $875.
"The F-Sport Special Edition builds on the IS 350C and takes the fun of the convertible up another notch," said Mark Templin, Lexus Division group vice president and general manager. "The F-Sport accessories on this car were precision engineered specifically for this vehicle, allowing us to provide sport-tuned performance without sacrificing ride quality."
This 2010 IS 350C Special Edition was designed to engage driving enthusiasts with the performance and styling enhancements from the F-Sport accessories line. This IS 350C, only available in two colors, Tungsten Pearl or Obsidian, can be distinguished from other IS convertibles by the following F-Sport equipment:
* Newly designed 19-inch forged alloy wheels with a wheel lock set and Michelin Pilot Sport 225/35ZR19 tires in the front and 255/35ZR19 tires in the rear;
* Front and rear brake upgrade for a firmer pedal feel and enhanced fade resistance;
* New and unique F-Sport grille not previously available;
* Shock set developed in cooperation with Bilstein®;
* Lowering springs that reduce the ride height approximately one-inch in the front and rear;
* Sway bar set that helps reduce body roll and provide flatter cornering;
* Embroidered floor mats with F-Sport logo;
* Leather-wrapped shift knob with F-Sport logo;
* And exterior badging and an individually numbered badge on the center console complete the uniqueness of this vehicle.
The IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition also comes with black leather-trimmed seats with sporty blue contrast stitching. Other Special Edition standard features include heated and ventilated front seats with wood trim; Bi-Xenon HID headlamps with Adaptive Front lighting System (AFS); headlamp washers; and Lexus Navigation. The hard disk drive (HDD) navigation system has a seven-inch VGA touch-screen, Bluetooth® phonebook download capabilities, a rear back-up camera, Voice Command casual-language voice recognition system, Lexus Enform, XM® NavTraffic, XM® NavWeather, and XM® Sports and Stocks. XM services include a complimentary 90-day trial subscription. It is also features the new telematics system Lexus Enform™ with Safety Connect™ (includes complimentary one-year trial subscription).
"The IS 350C F-Sport Special Edition is a unique package of style and excitement. With only 100 units available nationwide they'll sell out fast to customers who want power, performance and a little more fun under the sun," said Templin.