Geneva Leakage: BMW to reveal ActiveHybrid 5 concept
It looks like the next hybrid model coming to BMW dealers will be the just-introduced 5 series sedan. Photos have leaked out showing an ActiveHybrid 5 concept that is expected to debut next week in Geneva. Like the already-available ActiveHybrid 7, the 5 will likely use the mild hybrid system, but it appears that the 5 will get a more powerful motor. The 7 has a 15 kilowatt motor that doesn't allow electric-only drive. The hybrid 5 will probably have a 40 kW motor that would yield substantially better fuel efficiency in combination with an inline-six cylinder engine. The ActiveHybrid 5 should hit the streets in 2011.
- Volvo shoots for self-drivers by 2021
- Jeep spends $1 billion on factories
- Find Parts & Accessories for your vehicle!
- Obama rolls out new EV plan
- Infiniti dealers ranked best, Tesla worst
- Compare Volvo XC90 and Lincoln MKX
From Our Partners
Recharge Wrap-up: Autopilot mitigates accident in video, Ford exits India's EV consortiumWatch Video