Toyota secures lithium supply deal in Argentina
The deal would give Toyota a 25-percent stake in the Salar de Olaroz project in Argentina with Orocobre operating the venture and keeping the remaining 75 percent. Other large supplies of lithium can be found in Bolivia, Chile, China and Brazil.
Currently, Toyota, the World's Undisputed Hybrid Leader, chooses to use nickel metal hydride batteries in its hybrid vehicles, but that's likely to change in short order as the Japanese automaker looks to keep its foothold on battery-augmented and -powered vehicles.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models