Millionaire plots to save Detroit... by turning it into a farming community?
Hantz is starting off on the right foot by contributing $30 million of his own funds (his estimated net worth is over three times that amount) to create Hantz Farms, and he plans to immediately begin hiring full-time workers from Detroit. Sound like a fanciful idea with little shot at actually working? "That's the beauty of being down and out," answers Hantz. "You can actually open your mind to ideas that you would never otherwise embrace." Like turning the Motor City back to cornfields.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models