Report: Ford going with LG Chem for lithium ion cells?
We checked with Ford sustainability spokeswoman Jennifer Moore, who confirmed that Johnson Controls-Saft remains the supplier for both the Transit Connect BEV and the 2012 plug-in hybrid program. Moore also told ABG that no announcement has been made about a supplier for next year's Focus Electric or the 2012 next-gen non-plug-in hybrid. Moore would neither confirm nor deny the report about LG Chem, so it is certainly possible that the Korean company could be the supplier. If LG Chem, gets the contract it would certainly help the company justify the investment in a new cell manufacturing facility in Michigan.
[Source: Maeil via Green Car Advisor]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies