Porsche developing low CO2 version of the Boxster
The path to reduced emissions for the Boxster would come via engine downsizing. AutoCar is reporting that the Boxster could get a four-cylinder engine or perhaps even a turbocharged three-cylinder. The four seems probable and, with direct injection, could easily match the 200 hp of the original 2.5-liter six-cylinder Boxster. A turbo three from the Volkswagen Group would be unlikely, since the Boxster is designed around horizontally opposed engines and an inline three would be difficult to fit to this sports car.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models