Zetsche reportedly says Daimler to pick new compact car partner by mid-2010
Renault is planning a line of ultra-cheap small cars and is putting together a range of electric vehicles that will certainly feature new, small platforms. Like Daimler, the French automaker is talking to other companies about joining forces to save money on developing small cars, so a Daimler-Renault alliance isn't a fait accompli. According to Automotive News, Daimler CEO Dieter Zetsche says the company will announce its chosen partner by the middle of 2010.
[Source: Automotive News – sub. req.]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies