With 2009 nearly in our rearview mirror, MotorTrend has put together its annual list of 50 top automotive execs and their fortunes for the coming new year, and it's a good primer on the industry's movers and shakers.
It's unlikely that 2010 will be as tumultuous as 2009, what with two of the world's largest automakers under the fed's control and storied marques being killed off faster than a topless chick in a slasher flick, but 2010 has the potential to be a another truly newsworthy year and MotorTrend's Power List gives you a glimpse into the people behind the action. Make the jump for the top ten entrants and hit up MT for the full list with individual analysis of each exec.
- Ferdinand Piech - Volkswagen AG chairman of supervisory board
- Alan Mulally - Ford Motor Company president/CEO
- Chung Mong Koo - Hyundai Motor Company chairman
- Martin Winterkorn - Volkswagen AG chairman of the board of management
- John Krafcik - Hyundai USA president/CEO
- Derrick Kuzak - Ford Motor Company group vice president, product development
- Ratan Tata - Tata Group chairman
- Walter de Silva - VW Group chief designer
- Akio Toyoda - Toyota Motor Corporation president/CEO
- Sergio Marchionne - Fiat Auto/Chrysler Group CEO