REPORT: GM-SAIC pondering Tata Nano fighter?
You can reportedly add the Shanghai Automotive Industry Corporation (SAIC) and General Motors joint venture to the list of automakers that have taken notice of the Nano. According to reports rolling in from China and India, the 50:50 JV is considering a vehicle that would be positioned below the Chevy Spark/Daewoo Matiz that would sell for as little as $3,500.
So far, GM/SAIC isn't commenting on the reports, but has indicated in the past that it plans to build small vans, SUVs and cars for emerging markets like China and India.
[Source: WheelsUnplugged | Image: Mark Ralston/AFP/Getty Images]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models