France delays investment in Heuliez electric car project
The French government had announced plans to invest up to €10 million in Heuliez's electric vehicle program through its strategic investment fund. However, like the U.S. Department of Energy's ATVM program, the investment has some viability requirements in an attempt to ensure that the money doesn't go to waste. Because Heuliez has still not provided the necessary guarantees, the government fund is holding back the cash. It's not clear at this point if Heuliez will ever get the money or when and what impact this will have on the EV program, which includes the Heuliez Friendly pictured above.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video