COP15: Brazil says ethanol is "the only real alternative" to fossil fuels
For Brazil, this has been put into action. For the past 30 years, Brazil has been shifting away from gasoline to an ethanol-based transportation system and is now the world's leading maker and exporter of the biofuel. Thus far, the Brazilian authorities say, Brazil has reduced emissions by 800 million tons of CO2 thanks to ethanol. Another benefit, the delegates claim, is that ethanol micro-distilleries can help reduce poverty. Not everyone agrees with this statement.
Photo by over_kind_man. Licensed under Creative Commons license 2.0.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models