LA 2009: GM announces 100-vehicle Volt test fleet for utilities in California
The U.S. DOE is providing a matching grant worth over $30 million for this program, and will get user data for their money. OnStar will provide feedback on how the Volts are used to GM, and GM will relay this data to the DOE. This program does not mean that the first Volts will be used only for fleets. The first customer deliveries are still scheduled to happen at around the same time. We'll have a more complete report on Lutz's speech up soon.
Our travel and lodging for this media event were paid for by the Auto Alliance.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video