Two-mode hybrid joint development disbanded; Ram hybrid coming in 2010
The Mercedes ML450 hybrid and BMW X6 ActiveHybrid are both going into production about now using a version of the two mode transmission built by Daimler.
Chrysler, which briefly built a version of the Durango and Aspen SUVs with the hybrid system last year, remains committed to re-launching the system in the Ram pickups in 2010. At this point however, it looks unlikely the planned light duty hybrid will launch anytime soon in the Ram 1500.
[Source: Detroit News]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models