Spy shots: Possible Volkswagen BlueSport coupe mule spotted
It's not uncommon to see test mules like this that use existing bodies with new hardware underneath to evaluate new stuff. It looks like this mule has both a wider track and shorter wheelbase than the Golf, which could correspond to testing chassis bits for the BlueSport. It's not clear from this batch of photos whether this vehicle has the engine mounted up front or behind the front seats. There aren't any visible ducts or air intakes feeding a mid-engine but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. Only time will tell if we get this high-mileage diesel-powered sports car.
[Source: World Car Fans]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies