FOLLOWUP: Angry customer who drove Rolls-Royce through shop window gets 16 months?
For doing £21,000 worth of damage to the store, costing the store another £41,000 in lost sales and creating general mayhem, Caton was sentenced to 16 months in jail and another 3-month concurrent sentence for failing to take a breath test. He also had to give up his driver's license for five years and the Rolls for good.
Caton's statement to the court was, "I would like to say anybody breaks if the stress is enough. I broke. I gladly offer my sincere apologies to all affected by my reckless and irresponsible behaviour." Perhaps it should have been something more along the lines of Grandmaster Flash...
[Source: Herald Scotland | Photo: Sky News]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies