Euro Nissan Qashqai crossover may get through-the-road hybrid in 2010
The new configuration is expected to use an electric motor to drive the rear axle with the gas powertrain remaining up front. A similar arrangement will be used by Peugeot on its new 3008 crossover starting in 2011. The difference is that Peugeot is pairing the hybrid with a diesel engine.
Nissan is also expected to update the internal combustion engines for increased efficiency and add features like regenerative braking and improved aerodynamics.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video