Telephone booths in Spain could get a green makeover as EV charging stations
The Spanish government's plan would see 546 new electric car charging stations built in Madrid, Barcelona and Seville using old telephone booths. Its thought that these charge points could service 2,000 new electric vehicles. Considering that most of these old booths are located in high traffic areas and are situated close to the curb, the idea seems to have merit.
Spain has set aside $2.2 million to invest in this green transportation project and plans to allow EV owners to charge their cars and park for free and enjoy a 75 percent reduction in taxes.
[Source: Green Car Advisor]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models