Sneak peek of Jaguar's 'Limo Green' series hybrid concept
Like the Chevy Volt and the Fisker Karma, the Limo-Green uses an electric motor for propulsion, in this case a 145 kW, 295 lb-ft unit. A lithium battery pack moves the car for 30 miles on a charge and then the Lotus-developed 1.2-liter range extender takes over for the remainder of the 600-mile range. We've contacted Jaguar for more information, but we're still waiting to hear back from them. In the meantime, AutoCar is reporting that the big Jag gets 47 mpg (U.S.) on the EU combined cycle with CO2 emissions under 120 g/km.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models