BMW 530d Gran Turismo tested, not coming to America
In Europe, the 530d GT is expected to be the top selling variant of the new body style and, like other cars powered by this engine, it should get excellent fuel economy while still delivering the performance BMW drivers expect. The GT is a big car, sharing the same 121-inch wheelbase with the 750i. The 530d is rated at a combined 36.2 mpg (U.S.) on the EU driving cycle. In spite of its bulk, AutoCar found it to be a very good handler and the "bi-modal" hatch gives the GT plenty of utility to go with its large interior volume. It's just too bad that BMW officials confirmed last week that Americans won't be getting the diesel GT for now.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models