With V8s and V10s dead, Acura may instead revive the RSX
Automotive News is now reporting that Acura may instead revive the RSX which was discontinued in 2006. With Honda adding the CR-Z hybrid sport coupe next year, it seems possible that Acura could add a new compact using the CR-Z's hybrid powertrain. With BMW, Volvo and Audi all offering compact models and Lexus expected to add one soon, it would make sense for Acura to get back to the segment where the original Integra debuted. The Civic is getting a redesign for model year 2011 so a new RSX could be spawned off of that.
[Source: Automotive News - sub req'd]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies