Cash For Clunkers ends tonight, 8 p.m. EST - $2.65 billion spent so far
How successful has the program been? As of 7:47 a.m this morning, $2.65 billion in rebates (for 635,186 claims), have been submitted by dealers across the U.S. C.A.R.S. numbers released Friday showed that 489,269 claims worth $2.0 billion had been submitted. Once the deadline has passed, it'll be interesting to see where the final MPG improvements and rankings of purchased and clunked cars end up. Shouldn't have to wait long.
[Source: Automotive News (subs req'd)]
Photo by dno1967. Licensed under Creative Commons license 2.0.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video