Dealers claim $1.03 billion worth of Cash for Clunkers
What's notable about the 33% jump from Wednesday to Friday is that there was no guarantee that the Senate would approve an additional $2 billion in C4C funding on Wednesday. So the dealers selling new cars were flying without a net. Luckily, for those same dealers, the Senate approved the extra dollars on Thursday and President Obama signed the extension into law on Friday. Also, the technical glitches that were haunting C4C early on have largely been worked out and the entire process is reportedly flowing more smoothly. Any guesses as to when the new $2 billion is maxed out?
[Source: Automotive News - Sub. Req. | Image Source: Gabriel Bouys/Getty]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video