Tomorrow morning at 8:00 AM EST, General Motor's President and CEO, Fritz Henderson, will be hosting a webcast to update the public and the media on the automaker's turnaround efforts, during which Henderson is expected to make a new product announcement.
But ahead of tomorrow's shindig, GM is apparently hosting another event involving some of its PR team, around 100 members of the public and a few social media junkies. Tied to their smartphones, some of the attendees have revealed GM's new product plans and here are the tender Twitter morsels:
- GM unveiled a new Cadillac concept dubbed the ATS, a compact BMW 3 Series fighter that will be available in both coupe and sedan forms.
- The Cadillac DTS' replacement – currently named the XTS – will be built atop the Buick LaCrosse's underpinnings and will be available with all-wheel drive.
- The CTS Coupe is due to arrive this May, and there's still talk of a V version (duh). Apparently GM has a working CTS-V SportWagon on premises and it could arrive as early as next year.
- New Chevrolet Malibu unveiled, but it supposedly won't reach production until 2012.
- All-new midsize Buick model coming within the next 24 months.
GM President and CEO Fritz Henderson to Provide Update on 'New GM'
DETROIT - General Motors President and CEO Fritz Henderson will conduct a public webcast on Tuesday, August 11, to update consumers and media about the 'New GM' and its product, brand and customer-outreach strategies. Mr. Henderson is also expected to make a product announcement during this time.
The webcast will run from 8:00 until 8:45 a.m. EDT
A link to the webcast is on the GM Media Website, http://media.gm.com
The webcast direct address is: http://gmtv.feedroom.com/?fr_story=FRdamp359196
The webcast will be available for replay at the same address beginning at 12:00 noon EDT on August 11.