1958 Wartburg 311 and friend - Click above to watch the video
Don't lie: you've long pined for understated chic that only a late-1950s East German three-cylinder sedan of your very own can provide, but the price has been holding you back. Even in non-running condition, a real, actual Wartburg could set you back between $300-$400. That's some serious scratch these days. Feeling your pain, the fine folks at the 24 Hours of LeMons have got a deal for you.
In what's probably the first ever, and without question the last ever, Win-a-Wartburg contest, all you have to do is write an essay explaining why you deserve such a dignified and exotic
- The winner of the contest gets the lovely blue 1958 Wurtburg 311 pictured above for FREE. No strings, it's yours.
- The winner picks up his or her very own Wartburg at the Lamest Day this October at Nelson Ledges Road Course in Ohio.
- If said winner then decides to enter said Wartburg in a LeMons race, their team will be automatically approved, their entry fee will be waived and no matter how hard they decide to cheat, no BS laps will be assessed.
- Think of how jealous your neighbors will be when this fine piece of European craftsmanship
gets trailered onto your lawnparks itself in your driveway.
- The ability to non-ironically rock a "My Other Car is a Wartburg" bumper sticker on your minivan is priceless. Or is that ironically?