Rumormill: From fortwo to forfour; now a smart forthree roadster?
What does this have to do with today's green car news? Well, according to British car magazine Autocar, smart has filed patents for a new roadster model, which would be called the forthree, fitting nicely between the fortwo and the future forfour. Yes, the name forthree means that this car would seat three people but, unlike the Toyota IQ, this new model would seat the driver at the middle front position and two passengers behind and to the sides. This reconfigures the marque's signature structure into something resembling a wishbone. Autocar says the model would hit the showrooms in 2014 together with the next generation of 3-cyl engines, both diesel and gasoline, in the smart cars.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies