2010 Harley-Davidson new model launches - Click above for high-res image gallery
Harley-Davidson has rolled out its revised line of motorcycles for 2010, and according to the Motor Company, the nine new models included in this year's catalog represent the largest number of introductions in the company's 106-year history. There aren't any new platforms for 2010, so expect to see small, incremental changes and improvements across the board in lieu of anything particularly innovative or radical.
A few of the highlights include four new models from Harley-Davidson's Custom Vehicle Operations group: CVO Fat Bob, CVO Softail Convertible, CVO Street Glide and CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide. As you would expect from Harley's upper-crust division, prices for these top-end models range from $25,299 to $35,999. At the other end of the spectrum, H-D also points out it has a total of five models priced under $10K. Naturally, there's plenty in between those opposing price brackets for fans of the good 'ol American V-Twin to choose from.
Check out our photo gallery of the nine new models below and click past the break for the full rundown of all the goods from H-D's official press release.
- CVO Ultra Classic Electra Glide
Harley-Davidson Rolls out Nine New Models for 2010
More Performance, Features and Value Across Six Motorcycle Platforms
MILWAUKEE, July 25 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Harley-Davidson roars into 2010 with nine new motorcycle models, the most expansive new-product introduction in the history of the Motor Company. Across six model platforms, Harley-Davidson achieves a fusion of tradition and technology in a motorcycle product line that offers more power, luxury, and style, and more value.
"This ambitious new motorcycle launch reaches to our riders with the incredible passion that Harley-Davidson has inspired for more than a century," said Bill Davidson, Harley-Davidson Vice President of Core Customer Marketing. "We are thrilled to offer our customers nine new models and a full selection of products for 2010 that lets their enthusiasm for enjoying great motorcycles continue at full throttle."
Highlights of the 2010 Harley-Davidson(R) line include:
* As the new king of the Harley-Davidson Touring line, the Electra Glide(R) Ultra Limited model delivers the performance upgrade of a Twin Cam 103(TM) engine, and features standard equipment items previously offered only as accessories on regular-production Harley-Davidson Touring models.
* The new Road Glide(R) Custom model looks lean and mean, with a slammed suspension, 18-inch front wheel and a new 2-into-1 exhaust system.
* The Wide Glide(R) returns as an all-new Dyna(R) model done in old-school chopper style, with black laced wheels, a chopped rear fender, black "wire" sissy bar, 2-1-2 Tommy Gun exhaust and an optional flame paint scheme. Priced starting at $14,499, the Wide Glide is also a great new value.
* The new Street Glide(R) Trike brings stripped-down, hot-rod styling to the three-wheel category, and joins the Tri Glide(TM) Ultra Classic(R) in an all new Trike family for 2010.
* Dressed in satin chrome and denim black, the new Fat Boy(R) Lo presents a darker and lower interpretation of the motorcycle that still defines the fat-custom segment.
* The 2010 Street Glide(R) model gets even more hot-rod soul, with updates that include a larger front wheel, slimmed-down exhaust, and a new tail light assembly. Street Glide takes a classic Harley-Davidson Touring profile to a low, light and lean extreme.
* No motorcycle on the road today matches the modern street attitude of the three exciting models in the Harley-Davidson VRSC(TM) family: V-Rod(R), Night Rod(R) Special and V-Rod Muscle(R). The explosive performance of the liquid cooled Revolution(R) V-Twin engine keeps VRSC at the top of the power cruiser food chain in 2010.
* The American motorcycle legend that is Harley-Davidson Sportster(R) features six models for 2010, including the $7,999 Iron 883(TM) introduced mid-year 2009 and four others priced less than $10,000.
* Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations(TM) (CVO(TM)), masters of shimmering chrome and bold paint, offers four new limited-production models for 2010. The CVO Softail(R) Convertible is a versatile urban touring motorcycle, while the CVO Street Glide is a high-performance hot-rod bagger. The CVO Ultra Classic(R) Electra Glide(R) and CVO Fat Bob(R) models are refreshed for 2010 with new paint schemes and styling details. All CVO models are powered by a Twin Cam 110(TM) engine, the largest displacement V-Twin offered by Harley-Davidson.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company, the only major U.S.-based motorcycle manufacturer, produces heavyweight motorcycles and a complete line of motorcycle parts, accessories and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson's Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.