'Carbon Footprint' added to Webster's Collegiate Dictionary
Regular AutoblogGreen readers surely already know what 'carbon footprint' means, but for the rest of the class, there's always Merriam-Webster. The well-known organization has added over 100 words to the latest edition of its Collegiate Dictionary, and carbon footprint is one of them. While most of the new words don't really have anything to do with being green, one other eco-tinted new word to note is green collar (of, relating to, or involving actions for protecting the natural environment. jobs).
What about those people who put HOV or hybrid stickers on cars that don't qualify? They're the environment's frenemies – one who pretends to be a friend but is actually an enemy.
[Source: Huffington Post]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies