Tesla Roadster Sport - Click above for high-res image gallery
While owners of the current Tesla Roadster get the benefit of driving their bad ass electric vehicle today, people who are on the list for a 2010 model will get a few benefits that make 2009 owners jealous. Tesla Motors Club member DrComputer wrote about "a conversation with Ted at corporate" that revealed some improvements to the new cars. A tipster sent in a similar list of upgrades. The upgrades include:
- New power electronics module
- Better cooling for the power electronics
- Improved AC with variable speed fans
- Built in WiFi cards that connect the Roadster to the Internet (unless you turn the feature off) and gives Tesla the ability to interact with the car remotely. Also, this could open the door to mobile phone apps that talk to the car.
- Glove box locks when you lock the car (to leave it out with the top down)
Both sources mention the ability to switch vehicle performance modes – from Range to Standard or Performance (but not back to Range) – with the key instead of needing to change modes via the screen. There has been no official confirmation about these upgrades, but none of them would surprise us if they were true. Thanks to Dan for the tip!
Related GalleryTesla Roadster Sport
[Source: Tesla Motors Club | Photo by JUNG YEON-JE/AFP/Getty]