Any infotainment system worth its own salt has iPod integration, but we're pretty sure there aren't many vehicles with sprinkler systems in the event said iPod catches fire. One undoubtedly unhappy owner of a 2007 Saab 9-3 Combi in Sweden apparently found out first hand that leaving your iPod on your front seat is a bad idea, as investigators believe the musical bauble is the reason the wagon caught fire, turning its interior into a prop for Backdraft II.

There has been no definitive word that the iPod was the cause for the fire, and we don't know at this point whether the popular music player was charging at the time of the incident. We do know, though that there were apparently no underlying problems with the vehicle, and the fire started on the seats, where the iPod was resting.

Since iPods are still a very hot item (no pun intended), we're guessing that you shouldn't leave them sitting inside the car. Now that there is a chance the little battery-powered devices can spontaneously combust, we're not so sure they should be in your pocket, either. Hat tip to 13enS!

[Source: Hallandsposten via Engadget | Image: Christer Pioge]