Skoda introduces new 1.2L three cylinder, coming to a VW soon
Changes to the engine include refinements like a cogged belt to drive the camshafts in place of the old timing chain and a lighter crankshaft. The reduced weight will help the triple run smoother and reduce fuel consumption. The three cylinder is built at the Škoda plant in Mladá Boleslav in the Czech Republic. The factory produced over 270,000 of the engines in 2008. The revised engine will be applied to other VW Group models over the next year.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models