McLaren team splits use of KERS to determine effectiveness
According to reports from the McLaren camp, Lewis Hamilton will be running through the assorted practice sessions without an active KERS system. Teammate Heikki Kovalainen, on the other hand, will have a fully functioning hybrid system in place.
McLaren, which is generally acknowledged as having the best KERS implementation in all of Formula 1, is keenly interested to see if reality matches up with computer predictions that indicate its race cars should be 0.3 seconds faster around the track at Silverstone with KERS enabled. We'll be tuning in on Sunday to see how it all plays out on the course.
[Source: World Car Fans | Photo: Vladimir Rys/Bongarts/Getty Images]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models