Toyota to invest in Philipines jatropha bio-diesel plant
Trading company Toyota Tsusho will start off by planting and cultivating a one acre plot of jatropha and conducting a feasibility study of biodiesel refining. Toyota will partner with the government-run National Development Corp. (NDC). Toyota will fund the initial planting as well as research to be done by Philippine researchers.
Depending on the initial results, Toyota and NDC will look at further collaborations on large scale cultivation and refining. Jatropha is a preferred biodiesel feedstock because it consists of 30-40 percent oil and it can't be used as a food source.
[Source: Manila Standard]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models