Rendered Speculation: Jaguar working on extended-range electric XE roadster?
If there's any truth to these rumors, the new XE would use a Chevy Volt-like plug-in capable extended-range electric powertrain consisting of a small three-cylinder gasoline-powered engine driving a generator to keep the onboard batteries topped up. The new XE would supposedly debut at the Geneva Motor Show in 2011 and production would be decided after judging the success of other overtly green vehicles that hit the market ahead of the show. In addition to the EV model, the XE would also feature Jaguar's latest 5.0-liter V8 in both standard and supercharged guises.
[Source: Motor Trend]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models