Ford S-Max based micro-turbine plug-in series hybrid [w/VIDEO]
The package has been integrated into a Ford S-Max MPV along with an electric drivetrain using lithium ion batteries. The Whisper Eco-Logic has a range of 40 miles on its batteries before the range extender starts up. Langford is claiming the vehicle gets 67 mpg (U.S.) with the diesel-fueled turbine. Langford is demonstrating the vehicle in hopes of lining up a partnership with an automaker to commercialize the powertrain. A video of the ER-EV S-Max is after the jump.
[Source: Capstone Turbine]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies