8th graders build solar human hybrid vehicle
The father of one of the students bought the vehicle and the students went on to add an electric assist system. The 24V motor is powered by a pair of 20 Ah silicone gel cell batteries that are charged by a combination of regeneration and solar power from a photovoltaic panel. Now called the SOHH, the hybrid has a top speed of 18 mph and is street legal in California.
[Source: The SOHH Project]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies