China expands new car subsidies, excludes small cars
According to a report on Gasgoo, though, the most efficient cars – those with engines smaller than 1.6-liters – have been excluded from the scrapping program. Why? Back in January, in an attempt to spur sales of small cars, the Chinese government started offering tax cuts of up to 10 percent for small-displacement vehicles, and it's apparently believed that existing subsidy is sufficient for this class of vehicles.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models