REPORT: Homologation of Fiat products for U.S. to take 18 months
Included in the changes are airbag re-engineering to take unbelted passengers into account, reworking the bumpers in order to ensure they are robust enough to remain undamaged after a 2 mph impact, tweaking the powertrains for emissions compliance, and side impact retesting.
At the moment, if Chrysler can emerge from Chapter 11 bankruptcy, there are six Fiat models slated to arrive in 2011, but volume quantities aren't expected until 2012.
[Source: Automotive News, sub req'd]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video