Old vehicle scrappage program not just for cars in Deutschland
The scheme has multiple benefits to the city. First, it creates a greener image for the city. Second, it gives Biotopia a project to help the disadvantaged. Third, it encourages bike use, something that is usually easy to do in European cities. The main drawback to the city is the money spent subsidizing new bike purchases.
[Source: Der Spiegel via Bike Commuters/Treehugger]
Photo by Iwan Gabovitch. Licensed under Creative Commons license 2.0.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models