CA gas stations could get reprieve in vapor-free new nozzle fight
A new bill is moving through the state legislature, and will be voted on this coming week, that seeks to prevent the station shut-downs by capping fines for a year at $1,000 if the stations have not installed the new nozzles. California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger said he is in favor of an "enforcement holiday" if the stations are making good-faith efforts to comply with the CARB rule. Another bill would create a fund to help gas station owners install the pumps.
[Source: San Francisco Chronicle]
Photo by bradleypjohnson. Licensed under Creative Commons license 2.0.
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video