Optamotive to enter electric Campagna T-Rex in Auto X-Prize
Similarly, a company called Optamotive has entered the Progressive Insurance Automotive X-Prize with another electric Campagna T-Rex. Codenamed Surge, this 3-wheeled vehicle doesn't quite manage the same type of performance as the aforementioned gas-powered T-Rex, but in this case, we're more interested in the the 150 mile per gallon equivalency that the team expects to achieve.
Boasting over 100 horsepower from its electric motor, which is fed a constant stream of electrons courtesy of a lithium ion battery pack, Optamotive estimates its EV can hit 60 mph in under 10 seconds and travel over 100 miles on a single charge.
[Source: Optamotive via Faster and Faster]
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models