More on Kamen's ambitious plans for the Stirling engine
Kamen reportedly hopes that selling sufficient quantities of his REVOLT serial hybrid will allow the Stirling engine's price to drop enough that it can help provide needed electricity to billions of people all around the planet. Possible sources of heat to keep the Stirling engine merrily turning a generator include any number of combustible fuels like gasoline, diesel, natural gas or even animal waste – a fuel we're not likely to run out of any time soon.
[Source: The Christian Science Monitor]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video