Renault still using KERS this weekend, wants it banned for 2010
The team has already cut spending including reducing the salaries of much of the staff. Briatore himself has taken a twenty percent pay cut. The F1 teams are currently discussing capping budgets and even the biggest teams - e.g., Toyota, McLaren Mercedes and Renault - are suffering.
For this first year, the use of KERS is limited and the FIA had been planning to expand its use starting in 2010. However, making KERS more useful requires a lot of testing, something that is becoming more difficult with current budget and testing restrictions.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models