New Yorkers to get new car sharing option from Mint on May 1
Mint functions much like other car sharing services in that users sign up for a membership and then get to rent cars as needed on an hourly or daily basis. Members get a smart card to unlock the cars. Insurance and gas are included in the rental fees. Cars can be reserved online and prices range from $2/hour to $13/hour depending on when you rent and the type of car.
Aspiring members have to pay a $25 application fee, but the first year's membership fee is waived. For New Yorkers, car sharing is a particularly appealing option given the cost of parking and the crowded roads.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models