U.K. officially launches £2K scrappage scheme
There will be no regulations governing the required fuel efficiency or type of vehicle will qualify for the subsidy, leading some to question the environmental benefits of the scheme. There are also questions as to where the £300 million ($435M USD) required to fund the program through March of 2010 will come from, as Darling has also announced that the UK budget would hit its largest deficit ever.
In addition to approving the car scrappage scheme, the government also officially approved an increase in the national fuel duty by 2p per liter.
- Great used cars for less than $10,000
- Owners say these cars aren't very good deals
- New Car Buying Guides
- Cheapest new automobiles in America
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Find and compare 2017 Models