Enter the rumormill: Prius minivan on the works?
Many reports forecast that hybrid powertrains will be present in all car segments in the coming years. But not much has been said about using hybrid powertrains in minivans (a few things here and there, but that's it). Since soccer moms (and dads!) could surely use savings at the pump, a rumor on Carscoop comes as a nice surprise: Toyota is planning a minivan that uses the Prius platform. Toyota offers a few compact minivans in Japan and has a very competent compact-size minivan called the Verso in Europe (pictured above). Any of these could serve as base for the model, although the rumor says that the car would be geared to the U.S. market. Compact diesel minivans are a hit in Europe and it's not likely that a hybrid gasoline minivan could gain a significant percentage of the market there.
- Great cars with manual transmissions
- Ford GT production extended by two years
- Find the right minivan with our Car Finder tool
- Honda reveals Civic hatch
- The Scaldarsi Emperor I is one hideous Maybach
- Ride along with us in the new AutoblogVR app!