REPORT: 2010 Prius PHEV to feature 12-mile-plus EV range
Toyota plans to launch the latest plug-in Prius sometime in 2010, but it won't be available on the retail level. Instead, the Japanese automaker plans to continue testing the gas-saver by selling them only to fleet customers. Currently, the 2010 Toyota Prius comes equipped with a tried-and-true nickel metal hydride battery, and Toyota is using these PHEV fleets as test-beds for the newer and more powerful lithium ion units. Thanks for the tip, Danny!
[Source: Nikkan Jidosha Shimbun via PriusChat]
- Our favorite reveals from the LA Auto Show
- You can probably get a great deal on a new Fiat
- 2016 Holiday Gift Guide
- Is it time to buy a Pontiac Aztek?
- Fastest-depreciating cars in the United States
- Most and least efficient car companies
From Our Partners
Here's all the footage of Ken Block's Top Gear Gymkhana segment that didn't make the showWatch Video